He came in one evening at sun set with the empty coal-train–his dull young face pale and heavy-eyed with weariness, his corduroy suit dusty and travel-stained, his worldly possessions tied up in the smallest of handkerchief bundles and slung upon the stick resting on his shoulder–and naturally his first appearance attracted some attention among the loungers about the shed dignified by the title of “depot.” I say “naturally,” because arrivals upon the trains to Black Creek were so scarce as to be regarded as curiosities; which again might be said to be natural. The line to the mines had been in existence two months, since the English company had taken them in hand and pushed the matter through with an energy startling to, and not exactly approved by, the majority of good East Tennesseeans.
The ZyngRule ebook reader is a modeless, full screen reader — no toolbar to consume valuable screen real estate, or switching back and forth between full screen and toolbar screen modes. Instead, use the large menu button at the top-left or top-right to access the menu. The menu button remains invisible until you touch it.
• Autoscrolling — scroll through the book without touching the screen. When combined with large sized fonts, this reduces the fatigue associated with reading small fonts. Pull the screen back towards you to pause scrolling.
• Easy built-in dictionary — expand your vocabulary by simply swiping across a word.
• Fast text search
• Annotate sections of the book using the Text Bookmarks and Notes features. You can also email the notes for further editing.
• Adjust font line space for more comfortable reading
• Stylish, animated graphics and a plethora of fonts and colors
• Realistic paper texture backgrounds for book pages
• Super-fast, instantaneous loading of chapters and bookmarks
• Use fast, colored, and animated bookmarks or easy to read Text Bookmarks
• Sound effects
• Night mode support
• Night mode text brightness control
• Background brightness control
• Page Up/Page Down speed control
• Book catalog to read previews of other books