Explore your world with National Geographic’s World Atlas for iPhone and iPod Touch!
Easy-to-use, feature packed, and containing the world’s best maps, the National Geographic World Atlas enables you to browse, search, and zoom detailed maps of the globe.
Unlike other atlas applications, the National Geographic World Atlas utilizes our highest resolution, “press-ready” images, providing you the same rich detail, accuracy, and artistic beauty found in our award-winning wall maps and bound atlases.
The National Geographic World Atlas contains 7 different levels of National Geographic cartography, plus through our unique partnership with Microsoft, 7 bonus levels of Microsoft Bing maps enabling you to zoom in close enough to see your home!
Learn more about the world around you using the up-to-date, expertly researched, Flags and Facts database which contains concise geographic and socio-economic data.
Find even the most remote places in the news, using the built-in search tool and place names directory which contains nearly 7 million entries!
Mark, annotate and save your favorite places with the intuitive push-pin tool. Add pictures from your photo library, or take a new picture on camera equipped iPhones.
On-the-go? GPS enabled iPhones can quickly center the map to your current position, making the National Geographic World Atlas a handy companion for global travelers.
:: Features ::
• High resolution National Geographic cartography, the same used to print our award-winning wall maps and bound atlases!
• Preloaded with 3 different styles of world maps, down to country detail. Additional detailed zoom levels and Microsoft Bing maps require internet connection to view. Map Library feature allows you to download and save National Geographic maps for faster access and offline use.
• Easy-to-use and fast place name search tool, with over 6 million database entries (major cities index is preloaded; full search requires internet or cell connection).
• World Flags and Facts database, expertly edited and up-to-date with concise socio-economic and geographic data.
• Push pin tool enables you to mark, annotate, and save your favorite places. Push pins come in a variety of colors and can tap into your iPhoto library or camera.
• GPS enabled iPhones can center the maps to show your current location.
The National Geographic Society is one of the world’s largest nonprofit scientific and educational organizations. Founded in 1888 to “increase and diffuse geographic knowledge,” the Society works to inspire people to care about the planet.
:: Languages ::
:: System Requirements ::
Compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch. Requires iPhone OS 2.0 or later.