FavPlaces allows you to save your current location, along with a picture and a description just like you bookmark a web site in your web browser. Later you can revisit saved locations in FavPlaces and let FavPlaces open up Maps for directions to the saved location. You can even email your current or saved location to your friends and family. They dont need FavPlaces to view the location. They can optionally view it online. Should they own FavPlaces they can save the location to their own location database.
* save locations to your location database
* share your current/saved locations with others (even if they dont own FavPlaces)
* receive locations by email and save them directly to FavPlaces
* tag locations (you are completely free in your choice of tags)
* optionally attach an image to better remember the location (will be displayed on the map)
* get directions to saved locations. one click and Maps will open
all you need to do there is enter “Current Location” in the Starting point field
* save the location of a great restaurant/shop to remember going there later
* meeting someone who doesnt know his way around ? send them your meeting location
* never search your car again. just save its location when you park
* save your favorite vacation spots so that you can revisit and share them with friends
* new in the neighborhood and dont know your way around yet ?
bookmark your home, nearest supermarket, cheapest gas station – whatever you want